From:
steeplechase19 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
steeplechase19 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:35:47 -0500

I was curious about the chewable vitamin C that was declared GF on the label but contained wheat:

I verified this claim on the GNC website and wrote for clarification.  The confusing response follows......a manufacturing procedure that "derived"?? all traces of gluten from wheat.  Not sure what that refers to.

The response I received follows.................

Carol

Thank you for taking the time to contact GNC, we appreciate your interest in our company. As the largest manufacturer and retailer of nutritional supplements, we understand that customers depend on us for quality products and quality information.

Please know from the information you have provided: There is no gluten in this product but the product will contain wheat. This is due to the manufacturing procedure that has derived all traces of gluten from wheat.

If you have any more questions or comments, please do not hesitate to email us back or call our Customer Service Department toll-free at 1-888-462-2548.

GNC Customer Service

Live Well