From:
Jean Lyke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 22:53:45 -0600

I have severe osteoporosis and currently seeing an endocrinologist that is
injecting me with 1mg of estrogen and 10 mg of short acting androgen
(testosterone) and 10 mg of long acting androgen (testosterone) every 10
days.  The doctor is a great believer in androgen therapy and said it will
build bone but I have some concerns about the amount and the frequency.
Has any list member encountered this type of treatment?  Plus I would like
your thoughts regarding this treatment.

I will summarize any responses I receive.

Thank you.