From:
Donal Dunne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:45:43 +0000

Hi,

I've written before about our son who has showed all the symptoms of
celiac but all the tests have proved otherwise. When put on the GF
diet he improves for a week or two, but failed to thrive. He still
suffered from constipation, hiccups and disinterested in food.

We got the name of an allergist, well recommended by a few people,
whom we went to a month ago. He placed us all on a 'stone age' diet (
to have only our 4 year old by himself would have been unfair). This
consists of fresh fruit, veg, meat, fish and poultry only. All water
is to be bottled water only. Well, the change is extraordinary. Within
3 or 4 days he was  eating everything in front of him and asking for
extra helpings. This is something we'd not seen for years. We have now
introduced eggs, corn, soya sugars, and will be introducing more foods
over the future. What the timescale for all this re-introduction is I
do not know, but it's worth waiting. I'll keep you posted on the other
foodstuffs we find produce a reaction. He no longer asks for
sweets/toast and all other disallowed items. (By the way the
withdrawal symptoms for us from tea/coffee etc were pretty
umcomfortable, but we'll try them again someday)

What I found interesting was that soya produced a reaction so we
stopped using it. Soya we've noticed is in many GF food stuffs.

One other area he has mentioned is EPD (Enzyme Potentiated
Desensitization). Has anyone tried this or have any of you first hand
knowledge of it and it's benefits or side-effects ?.

I have no interest/financial gain from this, but he has published a
book.

Could it be an Allergy, Joe Fitzgibbon ISBN 071712682X, which is worth
a read.

Donal Dunne father of Neil,
(Waterford, Ireland)