From:
Susan Lasley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 00:37:40 -0500

Yes, some of us have learned to eat certain foods, and not eat others,
before we ever realized we had problems with gluten or allergies to foods.

Which raises a question:  has anyone had problems taking their special
foods into movie theaters, sports stadiums or concert arenas?  Lots of
these places forbid the customers to bring their own foods, yet they almost
never have nutritionally equivalent foods (in terms of calories, asthetics,
volume, flavor, nutritional value, cultural appeal, etc.) to offer people
who have to eat special diets.

Other than sneak in food hidden under jackets and in hats, what do you do
to deal with the staff so that you can bring in your own food?

This may be a problem in some parts of the USA and not others, but for
those who don't have the problem--it may be coming your way.

Sue
formerly from Charlotte (where it is a BIG problem),
but now in New York (where it is still problem, but not quite as bad)