From:
Tracey Toms <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracey Toms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2013 06:33:54 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am in need of a dietician/nutritionalist recommendation who works in the
Philadelphia area (ideally Montgomery County, PA on the northwest side of
the city) who is well versed in gluten issues.  I'm doing well with this
diet (nearly 11 years now), but have had additional food restrictions
(liquids) and needs (more sodium) creep in, and I am not managing those
well, and ended up dehydrated, possible kidney infection/stones, which then
triggered a seizure.  The hospital I went to sent me home with the
directions to "eat more pretzels" and even when I tried to explain that was
a little difficult (i.e. - I can, I just don't want to because they're
expensive), they refused to send their dietician back to me (I had chatted
with her upon arrival regarding the hospital's gluten free food).  Upshot of
the whole mess is that I feel like I need food help, and while the gluten
issues are one of the most pressing needs in my life, it's not the only
issue at play, but I need to be sure the person I see can take that one
seriously and up-to-date before adding in the additional issues.

Thanks,

Tracey

*******
*******