From:
Lora Block <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lora Block <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:47:36 -0500

Many thanks for the responses.. Many people wrote in that they had been
told by Johnson and Johnson that their "fresh mint woven gentle gum care"
floss is G/f.  I also called (1877-754-6411) and was told the same thing.
I was also told it is coated with a proprietary coating + flavoring.. When
I pressed the service rep about the ingredients in the coating, he looked
it up and said  the only named ingredient of the coating was silicone.
        The Clan Thomspon database lists only Tom's of Maine floss as g/f,
which was also mentioned by a couple of additional responders.  One person
said their support group "was told" that only OralB floss is noted to be
g/f, but did not state any particular evidence for that.  Lora Block,
Bennington, VT