From:
Bev Lieven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:12:33 EST

I offer to pass this along to listserv members. MIddleville a bit south of is
not far from Grand Rapids Michigan.  This the second year for this camp.

Bev in Milwaukee

HI, I'm working on the Gluten Free camp at Manitou-Lin in Middleville
Michigan. Here is the information:

August 16 (Sunday) - 21 (Friday)

$450 is our grand camp fee for 2009.
$75 deposit is required to hold a spot.
The full amount is due two weeks before camp, on August 2, 2009

Ages 7 - 14 (Co-ed) Each to their own cabins.

1) Greetings! I've got important information if you are thinking about gluten
free camp for 2009. If you are in need of a scholarship and have celiac
disease,
you may complete the following task.
Please write a one page essay sharing how this camp experience will benefit
you
and what you hope to get out of it. The child must write it.
Then, send it in by March 31, 2008 (We may extend it, but that's the target
date!!- Mary).

You may e mail them to Maryrose Hopke <[log in to unmask] or
send it in snail mail at
Celiac Disease Foundation
13251 Ventura Blvd. #1
Studio City, Ca. 91604

If you have questions about this, do e mail me at
[log in to unmask] or call my home at 517-886-5025.

The camp web address is http://www.campmanitou-lin.org/

2) Also, last year, our Lansing Celiac group participated with Team Gluten
Free from the Celiac Disease Foundation to help raise money for scholarships.
Donations were made to our group and many of us walked the 5 K, There were
also
several who took on a big challenge and began to train for the run instead.
But
either way, we raised a LOT of money for much needed scholarships.
Again, in 2009, we will be begin accepting donations for the camp scholarship
fund. IF you are interested in participating with us on the 5 K walk, e mail
or
call me, as always. We are unsure of the date for this event, but it'll be
coming just after the new year. I was hoping to have some of our cel-kids
from
the group and camp there as well. :)

Happy snow days to my dear campers.
Nicole

e mail [log in to unmask]
home phone 517-886-5025
GLUTEN FREE CAMP ROCKS at Camp Manitou-Lin!!
www.campmanitou-lin.org

Michigan Cel-Kids
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/cel-kids/

Michigan Celiac group http://micapitalceliacs.atspace.com/