From:
Jennifer DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:00:51 -0500

I got, and this is not an exaggeration, about 100 emails yesterday alone
about the McDonalds issue....
 On(Monday) I went onto McDonalds.com and saw that under the allergens and
ingredients it clearly stated that it contained wheat (it was part of the
natural flavoring) NOT contaminated oil.  I was outraged.  Tuesday
morning, I went back onto the site and noticed in those two spots
(allergens and ingredients) it was changed to reflect they were gluten
free.  BUT when I went through the site I found on a different page that
it seemed that McDonalds had not updated it between Monday and Tuesday and
the ingredients contained wheat.

Here is the page I found it on..
http://app.mcdonalds.com/bagamcmeal?process=item&itemID=6052

Here is what it said,
Ingredients
Medium French Fries
Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef, wheat
and dairy sources), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve
natural color). Breading set in vegetable oil. Cooked in partially
hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean
oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated
canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil).
Contains wheat and milk ingredients.
Salt

Allergens and Sensitivities
Allergens
Wheat, Milk
Food Sensitivities
Gluten

 I just got an email from another listmate and she said she contacted
McDonalds and they stated that the ingredients have not chagned but with
the new labeling laws they needed to disclose it. Also they said their
French fries are par-fried before being frozen and distributed to
individual restaurants. In this par-frying process, the supplier uses
something that is derived from wheat and dairy, but the supplier "assures"
MD's that the proteins are removed before these ingredients are used.

Not sure what to make of it but this but my daughter has never had a
reaction to the fries that I can SEE, however what about damage being done
to her insides - things I can't see.  I am very on the fence about it.  I
am not sure how to tell a 4 year old after all this time, that she can't
eat it...

Jennifer
Mother of 4 year old
NJ