From:
Thomas Six <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 15:45:46 -0800

Thanks to those who responded.  Here is the summary: EAS products were the
number one suggestion for GF protein drinks and bars.  The website is
EAS.com.  Their products can also be found at GNC and the vitaminshoppe.com.
In second place came Genisoy products [however the "nature's grains" and
cookies n cream products are not GF].  In third place came Balance bars.
Others mentioned were Atkins Advantage bars, Designer protein, Boost
products, Carnation instant breakfast [except chocolate malt], Puritan's
Pride protein powder, Ensure drinks, Revival soy protein products, Next
Protein supplements and bars, and EnerG granola bars.  I have also been told
that Trader Joes has a GF protein bar list.

Thomas W. Six
Mountain View, CA

P.S.  I have also found out that Wrigley brand chewing gums contain no
wheat, rye, oats or barley gluten.  And that "I Cant' Believe Its Not
Butter! products are GF.  For those near Costco wholesale stores, Kirkland
Signature multivitamins and Natural Vitamin C are GF.  Dannon yogurts may
contain gluten.  Clubber Girl Baking Powders are all GF.  Flintstones
children's vitamins may contain gluten.  If anyone knows of a children's
multivitamin that is GF, I would appreciate hearing from you.