From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:59:19 -0400

My earlier email left before I finished. What works for me is no particular plan that you buy.
1. Cut back on all high glycemic foods to avoid sugar spikes and empty calories. You have to research them. Sweet potatoes are ok, but white potatoes not, for example. If you must have rice, make it brown.
2. Cut out whites...sugar, flour, salt, white potatoes, white rice
3. Eat MUFAs.... Google it. Basically good fats and oils like those found in olives and nuts. I live on nuts but they are high caloric.  Combine sugars with MUFAs. It is better to have an apple with a spoonful of peanut butter or a few nuts, than alone. It keeps blood sugar from spiking. Even a small pat of butter, which is not a MUFA will keep a carb from racing to your bloodstream.
4. Eat every 3 hrs or so to keep blood sugar even. I eat fruit, nuts,humus, cheese, vegetables.
5. Shrink portion size. Will look small at first, but soon portions will look big
6. Exercise....mix it up. Cardio and resistance and weights. But make sure you do something 6-7 days a week
7. Increase fiber. It is easy to put flax meal on things. Eat more greens and beans
8. Drink a lot of water. Putting lemon in it is supposed to ramp up metabolism. Drink low fat milk, if you can .
9.eat a small piece of high quality chocolate ever day. I find the 85% is good,but not at night or it keeps me awake.
That's the only thing that worked for me. And as soon as I stop working out or have more than a juice glass of ice cream, I start to gain again.