From:
Paige Tschebykin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 17:48:44 -0400

OK.

I went to my new doctor.  He said that I had been tested for giardia, H.
Pylori, and bloodwork showed that I was not lacking in nutrients rom
malabsorption.  But, thank you all for those suggestions.

Now, here comes the tricky part, he disagrees with my doctor's initial
diagnosis of Celiac's Disease.  He says that the biopsy results were marginal
and that the blood work did not indicate CD.  So, on his advice I took a
quick gluten challenge on Monday.  I had no ill effects.  But, I have never
had the classic symptoms.  This doctor is very experienced and on top of the
most recent medical developments.  Does anyone else know of anyone
misdiagnosed as a Celiac before?  I do have faith in this doctor.  He sat and
talked to me for over two hours to review my doctor's records and to go over
my complete medical history.  (People in the waiting room told my husband
that this is comon for a first consultation with this doctor.)

Anyway, the doctor feels that I may have two separate underlying conditions
causing the confusion.  The first is an abdominal wall issue. (I'll find out
more next week.)  The second is a pancreas problem.  Since gall bladder and
pancreas problems are more common for celiacs, I am again wondering if I am
or if I am not.  I'm thinking of taking the gluten challenge and being
rebiopsied.  Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks again to all who replied.

Paige Tschebykin