From:
Laurencia Ciprus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laurencia Ciprus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 07:49:52 -0500

Thank you all for the incredible outpouring of suggestions regarding
my excema dilemma. Here is the summary of suggested remedies to date:

• Possible caused from dairy
• Possibly caused from dirty cosmetics/old eye drops
• Possible caused from exposure to Vitamin E
• Possible reaction to Paba. mold exposure, antibacterial soap...Try
Gold Bond Healing, Cetaphil
• Possible exposure to Hidden gluten..her daughter's was from oat
exposure
• Possible DH outbreak
• Possible case of Meibomianitis - inflammation of the meiboian glands
that secrete oil in the eyelids - Could be caused by cosmetics - Baby
shampoo and warm water wiped back and forth on lid 20x..pat dry
• Exposure to products with frangrance in shampoo or cosmetics
• Consider whether it has an opthalmic root cause and seek eye care
from a professional- suggested Lip Balm by "Beauty Control" worked
overnight...Cortisone, Lanisinol for breastfeeding mothers
• Apply baby shampoo as a cure
• Consider a raw diet...eliminate meat and dairy...consider also eggs
and legumes
• Emu oil which was said to keep lids clear
• Burt's Bees Res-Q was said to work...UPON CLOSER INSPECTION I
DISCOVERED IT CONTAINED WHEAT GERM OIL
• Prescription Elavil
• Try Bausch and Lomb Preservative-Free eye Ointment
• Try East Indian Auyrvediac remedy -  pure Ghee - pure claified butter
• Try Weleda Skin Food

I went to Whole Foods over the weekend and did some further detective
work. There are a bunch of products in their personal care department,
but most are still loaded with lots of questionable additives and I
took a pass. I did pick of a jar of Lemon Balm Salve from Wise Ways
herbals in Worthington, MA. Still have some puff on one lid but the
itch has subsided. I'm also contacting Weleda this morning to ask
about their Skin Food. Their products looked the most interesting at
Whole Foods but I was concerned about the Candula Creme on my lids
without consulting the mfg.

Also - I will make an appointment with my opthomologist to err on the
safe side.

Again, thank you ALL for the wonderful suggestions and quick response.
What would we all do without this great network to rely on!

Yours in health,
Laurencia
*******
*******