From:
Bev Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:38:09 -0600

We just flew round trip to Tucson Arizona with my 11 year old Celiac
daughter.  I requested GF meals both ways but brought along food just in
case.

On the way there, it was a breakfast flight.  I made sure the gf meal was on
the plane by making the flight attendant go aboard to see because in the
past, they didn't have it on the plane and all my daughter had to eat for a
4 hour flight was fresh fruit that a flight attendant snuck back from 1st
class.  It was on there and it consisted of a rice cake, butter and jelly
and cut up fresh fruit.  It was great!

On the way back it was a dinner flight and I made sure it was on board
before we got on.  Again I brought food and even fed my daughter McDonald's
before we got on just in case.  She gets very hungry and very crabby when
hungry.  It was a wonderful meal again.  Plain chicken breast broiled,
steamed broccoli, white rice, plain salad with a lemon and rice vinegar
dressing, fresh honeydew melon and another rice cake.  I am going to write
to American Airlines and praise them for their excellent service.  I was
very pleased and the employees even pronounced gluten free correctly so they
knew what they were talking about.

KUDO to American Airlines!

Warmly,

Bev Wahl