From:
Chris Dye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 10:09:33 -0400

Having just returned from the US and Canada with Bette Hagman's books and a
suitcase half full of potato starch, tapioca flour, bean flour, cornstarch,
xanthum gum and measuring cups - all of which are difficult to obtain in
the UK - I have a few questions.  I hope that someone may be able to help -
so here goes:

1.  Mustard powder - in the UK wheat is used as a filler and is noted on
the ingredients.  Is this so in the US - I looked at the mustard powder in
the grocery and health food stores but it did not list wheat.  Would it be
safer to order this by mail from a gf store?  If so can anybody recommend
one?

2.  Cornstarch - is this the same as cornflour (in the UK) which looks
identical and is used for thickening?

3.  Does a "stick of butter" weigh 2 ounces?

Can't wait to get started on all those wonderful recipies - so thanks in
advance.

Chris