From:
Elizabeth Kuzma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 20:59:47 EDT

Hi all,

I have had 2 run-ins with a particular pasta product.  The first time, I
assumed that I had the stomach flu.... I tried it again and got exact same
results.....major cramping, vomiting, diarrhea...until the entire serving was
out of my system.  I'm curious if anyone else has run across this particular
pasta... as well as how long effects of contamination can last since I am
nursing a newborn.

The pasta is made by Adrienne Foods, and is called Papadini, Hi-Protein, Pure
Lentil Bean Pasta, Mafalda.  It is marked as GF, WF, High Fiber and Low Fat,
and the only listed ingredient is Lentil Flour.  I was SO sick.. I have never
had a reaction that is this severe, and can't quite figure out why I did.. I
plan on contacting the company first thing on Monday morning, but was curious
if anyone else has tried this product.

Secondly, if indeed it is contaminated..... how long do the effects last?
Does this mean that I won't be absorbing nutrients for some period of time?
I'm exclusively nursing my newborn, and concerned it may effect/affect
him..... any advice?  I still take prenatal vitamins.. but I never really
understood if once the villae are damaged they return to normal absorption
(sp?) quickly or if it takes time....... I'd appreciate any input..

Thanks!

Elizabeth