From:
Redcat Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Redcat Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:37:57 -0500

The reason I say not really...is because it seems no one agrees really....

Instead of adding threads and a lot of type...it seems that many people do
not eat them because it made them sick (cross contamination) and others eat
some of them with caution. They said to read the labels.

I am sorry I erased some info..so I can't list ones that people said were
safe...nor do I want to, as I do not want to put out info that could make
someone sick. I am sorry for the lame summary....

A lot of people suggested Genisoy bars, which I already eat. I was just
curious about Balance as they are easier to find....

Ho hum.

Luna Bar (another vegetarian protein/energy bar) did tell me that they have
a new product called GLOW that is GF....it is a low carb bar. I did not get
a response from them when I tried to ask more questions...like how do you
know it is GF, etc. I think I got the answer that they had no gluten
because the label does not say oats, wheat, rye, barley...which is a far
cry from it actually being GF. They seemed not to respond once i had some
questions...so I am NOT recommending them...I am just stating what one
person told me...

Have a good day...and I will continue to dream about the good ol days of
Power Bars and Cliff Bars....ho hum
red
baltimore, md