From:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 19:49:40 -0500

Mimi’s Café: 17240 Chesterfield Airport Rd., Chesterfield Valley, 63005 636-530-4510 - Extensive list of GF selections. (Check stlouisalerts, Message #596 for complete list). French fries NOT made in dedicated fryer. Vinegar is big issue in their list re: salad dressings. Only non-fat sweet and sour French dressing is made without vinegar. Chicken, fish, steaks, broiled not blackened. (Blackened is marinated in vinegar and oil!). You may order a side order of anything on the menu. Other items GF: Quesadillas with corn tortillas, baked & mashed potatoes, rice. Omelettes - order with corn tortillas instead of muffin. You may substitute tortillas in place of bread with any selection. 9/05

Miss Saigon: 6101 Delmar .St. Louis 863-4949 - Peanut and other sauces contain wheat. #40 delicious with generous portions. Owner is brother of Lee, owner of Mai Lee and also the owner of V. N. Café.

Mississippi Half Step: 420 Main Street, Grafton, IL 62037 618-786-2722. Owner, Jim Newton should have a Gluten Free menu ready the end of July, 2005. Call first. (Restaurant is across the street from the Post Office) on the River Road from Alton. "I ate at the Mississippi Half Step on Sat. Stephanie, our waitress, checked with the chef and brought out a menu with yellow highlight of the items I could eat. I had the salmon and the Strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing on my dinner salad. Both were wonderful! Here are the items that we can safely eat if we let them know that we need GF. These items are not GF but the chef will make adjustments so that they are GF for us.
Appetizers: Peel and eat shrimp, Stuffed mushrooms, Baked hot wings, Soups and Salads: Caesar Salad, New Orleans Caesar Salad, Greek Salad, Strawberry Vinaigrette Salad, Spinach Salad Sandwiches: Burger, Meatball sandwich
Sides: Vegetable medley, baby spinach, Green beans with bacon & blue cheese, Broccoli, Asparagus
One If By Land: Filet, Strip Steak, Grilled Chicken

Two If By Sea: Sesame Encrusted Tuna, Grilled Salmon   Desserts: None (BUT IF ENOUGH OF US GO MAYBE!?!)"
Moxy’s: 4584 Laclede, Central West End. 361-4848 - Chef/part-owner Eric Brenner very familiar with CD.

Norton’s Cafe: 808 Geyer, Soulard area in St. Louis 436-0828 - It was reported that many of the staff was familiar with GF selections. Particularly recommended was their shrimp over rice and flourless Cheesecake!

Oberweis Dairy: Several locations. Link to Oberweis' gluten free products. http://www.oberweisdairy.com/web/pdf/glutenfreelisting.pdf 3/06

O’Charley’s: Several locations. Several of us have eaten there. The manager (Brian or Bryant) at the Lindbergh restaurant is very, very helpful in selecting Gluten-free items. "I go to O'Charley's occassionally. I noticed Friday that their menu says "If you have any special diet needs please discuss with your server". So, I asked her if she knew what gluten free was, and she DID! She did say that she'd have to check which menu items were GF, but I just told her what I wanted and she checked for me. It's soooo nice when you have someone who doesn't say "gluten what???". 1/06

"We eat at the O'Fallon, MO location. The manager there Reggie is also very helpful. She will always bring out the labels from anything we want to order. She also oversees the cooks to insure that any food we order for my son is cooked specifically the way we ask." 3/06

Qdoba Grill: Several Locations. "I have had much success at Qdoba grill. It's sort of like Subway, you go through the line and choose the toppings you want. They make something called a "naked burrito" and it's all the inside stuff from a burrito on a plate, no flour tortilla".

Off Broadway: 3509 Lemp Ave., 63118. 773-3363 www.offbroadwaystl.com My husband and I just bought the small concert venue "Off Broadway" on Lemp just off broadway (believe it or not) across from the historical Lemp brewery. We will be carrying Lemp's new gluten-free beer for which I was promised a two week delivery date last Wednesday so I will keep the list posted. I also make gluten free chili and potato soup and will soon have available gluten free sandwiches. We are a small concert venue, so are open for shows only. Please see our web-site at offbroadwaystl.com for a list of dates. We are considering opening during the day and going smoke free, any thoughts on these two topics, we'd like some feedback on. Thanks! Kit Kellison, co-owner and fellow celiac 5/13/06

Olive Garden: Many locations. Salads: Garden Salad - Caesar Salad: Order without croutons
Entrees: Tuscan T-Bone brushed with Italian herbs and served with seasoned broccoli
Pork Filettino marinated in extra-virgin olive oil and rosemary and served with seasoned broccoli
Herb-Grilled Salmon brushed with Italian herbs and extra-virgin olive oil accompanied by seasoned broccoli 10/05
Outback: Several locations. Outback was one of the first national chains to have a Gluten Free menu. Each Outback has a laminated Gluten-Free menu - ask for it when you go there. The Thunder Down Under Brownie dessert is Gluten-Free! Fantastic! Outback wants our business!

Pasta House: Several locations You may order the luncheon broiled chicken sandwich plate without the bun! The salad is OK and does not include croutons. Substitute broccoli for the pasta. You may bring along your rice flour (or mixture) and they will use it to bread the eggplant special. NOTE: as of 3/11/05 there is no longer a broiled chicken sandwich on the menu, but one that is breaded. Our waitress substituted broiled chicken for me on several occasions at their restaurant in University City, but they may not always do so. (Didn't at their restaurant in Town and County! Be sure to ask and request this. You can always order their broiled chicken plate, but it is more expensive. 4/06

Pizza Hut: 11451 Olive Blvd., 63141 - 997-2252 "Today I stopped in at the Pizza Hut in West Oak Plaza (Olive and Craig) and asked if they'd top and bake a pizza for me if I brought in a gluten-free crust on foil so it wouldn't get cross-contaminated. The manager said that'd be no problem and they'd be happy to do it. This is not a restaurant, there's no place to sit and eat

Pizzeria Piazzsa: 5100 Daggett on the Hill. 762-9100 - Owner, John. Bring your pizza crust. They use clean pans, but specify no flour, use corn meal. Add your own toppings.- it appears to be just a site where they prepare phoned-in orders for delivery. However, I've really missed their Supreme pizza and now I know I can get one". 12/05

Portabello: 15 N. Central, Clayton. 725-6588 - Waiters familiar with Celiac Disease. Will help select GF items. "My wife and I were at Portabella Restaurant last night and they were very conscience of Gluten and helped me with a selection of dishes that were gluten free. http://portabellarestaurant.com/ 10/05

Red Lobster: Several locations. Melissa, Manager of the Red Lobster, 12235 St. Charles Rock Road, 291-8680 and server, Tim were very helpful. Melissa was called in advance and she came to the table to go over the menu. "I ordered the combo meal with broiled scallops, broiled shrimp and stuffed flounder, but she substituted a shrimp cocktail (huge beautiful shrimp, a big portion) for the stuffed flounder. It was terrific and she was a huge help, so if you choose to go there, be sure to ask for Melissa". Others have eaten the shrimp cocktail dinner at other locations.

Red Moon: 1500 St. Charles, Downtown St. Louis 436-7900.New management, new chef, with a New York feel, great Asian food and creative menu. "They will make croutons out of tofu, help you choose safe thing on the menu" When you call for a reservation, ask for the manager and he or the chef will guide you through the menu when you arrive. NOTE: It’s in a white building and it is hard to find, no big Red Moon logos outside. They usually have valet parking for dinner. 10/05

Red Robin: in Manchester & Chesterfield Valley Gourmet hamburgers wrapped in lettuce leaves. Most fries made in dedicated fryer. Ask to be sure. 3/06

Rich and Charlies: Several locations. One member of stlouisalerts wrote: "I visit Rich and Charlie's in South County often and their Salad Dressing is Gluten-Free. Also, if you order an entry that says it's breaded you can order without the breading and they also offer a side of potatoes (which are delicious) instead of the pasta. 5/06

Ruby Tuesday’s: Several locations Several have eaten their grilled steaks, chicken & fish , baked potatoes and enjoyed! Excellent salad bar.
St. Louis Bread Co: Many locations (Panera’s) The recommended soups are Vegetarian Lentil, Vegetarian Black Bean; Vegetable & sirloin beef, Mesa Bean & Vegetable, Moroccan Tomato Lentil, Santa Fe Roasted Corn, Cuban balck bean . Salads include: Greek, Fandango, Caesar (no croutons), Asian sesame chicken salad (no wonton noodles), classic cafe salad. Bistro Steak salad, Strawberry Poppyseed, Fuji Apple Chicken Salad; Dressings: Caesar, Greek, Poppy seed, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Asian Sesame and Raspberry vinaigrette - all GF. Beverages: Coffee, juice, lemonade, milk, soda, tea, regular and Chai, All lattes, IC Honeydew.
St. Louis Club: Clayton. THIS IS A PRIVATE CLUB - BUT if you are invited to a dinner party, a meeting whatever, I have been told by a reliable source that Gluten-Free is noted by each gluten-free item on their menu - so don’t worry and enjoy! 10/05
Schlafley’s Bottleworks: Corner of Southwest & Manchester, St. Louis 241-2337 - Scott, head chef helpful and knowledgeable. Call before and he will pop in a baked potato and let you know the safe items. Another suggested that the fumes from the hops made her nauseous.
Schneithorst Kaffee Haus: 1600 N. Lindberg, Frontenec 993-4199 - Their grilled chicken and bison burgers were recommended - no bun, of course.. Great salads.
Sekisui Pacific Rim: 7443 Forsyth, 63105, 726-0033. Sushi Bar & Fusion Cuisine. "We live in U.City and frequent a Sushi restaurant called Seki Sui Pacific Rim on Forsythe in Clayton just a few minutes away. They are very accommadating and have a bottle of our gf soy sauce on hand" 5/06
Smokey Bones BBQ & Grill: Fairview Heights, IL, Chesterfield Valley, Fenton.. Appetizer: Bacon and Cheese Potato Slabs; Fish and Chicken (order with recommended sides* only), Sierra Chicken without flatbread, Grilled Atlantic Salmon without flatbread; Salads: House Green Salad without croutons, with either white balsamic dressing or peppercorn ranch dressing, Grilled Chicken Cobb with either white balsamic dressing or peppercorn ranch dressing, All Barbeque and Grill Favorites without garlic toast (order with recommended sides* only)