From:
rick & christie schroeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 20:12:21 -0700

Hello, Listmates!

I posted a question about Grainaissance brand of mochi about three weeks
ago. Sorry for the time lapse in letting everyone know about the replies
I received, but I had some down time with my computer.

All who have used this brand of mochi said they have no problems with
it. As I stated in my original post, the cashew date flavor is not gf,
due to the oat flour the dates are coated with.( Of course, there is
still disagreement out there on whether oats cause any problems with
celiacs.) My question had to do with the fact that I was worried about
contamination in the machinery with this flavor, even though the company
said they completely clean all the equipment.

I have been happily baking the raisin cinnamon and plain flavored, and
really enjoying them. No problems have surfaced .....

Christie in TX