Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 00:37:16 -0400

An FYI for those with guts sensitive to inulin:

My son has been desperate for a GF/soy-free replacement for Oreo cookies,
so we greeted the launch of Kinnikinnick K'Too's with joy. Then we both
began have to have severe reactions to them: cramping, gas, diarrhea, etc.
I do not believe these cookies contain gluten, but they do contain inulin.
For those not familiar with inulin, it is a type of fiber now being added
to a variety of foods supposedly for its health benefits - however, many
people find it works like a very, very harsh laxative.

I contact Kinnikinnick about our reactions and concerns over the inulin,
and basically got a brush-off; they claimed the cookies need the inulin for
fiber content.

So if you react to inulin, avoid K'Too's, and please contact Kinnikinnick
to tell them why. I'd love to see them reformulate the cookies without
inulin.

Maureen
California