From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:50:47 EST

I received this e-mail from a list colleague. FYI. From, Linda on the Deborah
Gail

"Dear Listmates,

I picked up a bag of "Jet-Puffed" marshmallows and was happy to find a
1-800 number on it.  I called and this is the information I received.
They were very helpful and very knowledgeable about celiac disease.  I
was impressed.

According to the company, Jet-Puffed Marshmallows & Jet-Puffed
Marshmallow Creme (sp?) are gluten-free.  Their formulas have so far not
changed in 3 years.  As customary, though, they ask that you always check
their labels just to be sure, though.  They just printed their 1-800
number on the packages starting 7 months ago.   It is 1-800-244-4596.   I
believe the company is called "Favorite Foods" or something similar to
that.   All the ingredients were explained:

Ingredients are:

corn syrup
sugar (beet or cane sugar)
food starch-modified (from corn)
dextrose (a g.f. sugar)
water
gelatin (from pork skin)
tetrasodium pyrophosphate (a salt)
artificial & natural flavor (imitation vanilla derived from corn)
arificial colors (blue #1)

The Jet Puffed Marshmallows are dairy & egg free.  The Jet-Puffed
Marshmallow Creme has the same ingredients same except that it also
contains powdered egg whites.

Thought this might help those of you searching for some GF marshmallows
for your holiday baking as I am.

By the way, I don't know the distribution of this brand.  I purchased it
in our regular grocery store in upstate NY.

Debbie
Rush, NY"