Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:12:17 -0500

We are looking for the best place to go with major GI problems. Perhaps
a University?

We live near Chicago.  My wife's GI tract has essentially been shut down
since she was scoped for a kidney stone on 8/19/08.  She has been
hospitalized for the past week and the local GI, who is reputed to be
the best in the area, admitted this morning that he is stumped and
suggested that we go somewhere else, but would not say where.

We are looking to the collective experience of this list to help guide
us to the right place.  My wife has for all practical purposes not eaten
for a month, other than prunes, prune juice and a few bites of pureed
foods.  She has multiple food sensitivities and allergies that
complicate issues and limit treatment options.

She is an extreme reactor to gluten, having moved beyond the usual
symptoms to an anaphylactic and convulsive response.  Please do NOT
advise us that such a reaction is impossible. We have been slammed on
this list before which is why I am now a lurker.  Dr. Michael Sitrin,
formerly in the GI department at the University of Chicago Hospitals
disagrees with you.  Unfortunately, Dr. Sitrin has moved to the East
coast and is no longer available to us. Also University of Chicago is no
longer on my insurance plan.

HELP!  She is in severe constant pain and is starving.

Steve

*******
*******