From:
Lucy Street <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lucy Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2010 22:22:00 -0400

Sorry for the long wait on this summary. Life got a bit complicated and it took me a bit to get back to the computer.

So, without further ado, here are the responses i received, with any comments from myself followed after within parentheses.

First Response: I think you have more than enough time to request gf meals at the catered events. These days it seems they are familiar and actually expecting to be asked to accomodate special dietary needs.  The bride can put you in touch with the caterer.  I have good luck googling the city name gluten free for local resources.

(I don't know why I hadn't thought of talking to the caterer directly, but I hadn't. Very good advice, as I got the email for the caterer from the mother of the bride and they wrote me back that day saying they could absolutely accommodate me!)

Second Response: Our favorite place to go is Bonefish Grille; be sure to ask for the GF menu andgo over everything with your server.  We have always had great GF dinnersand lunches there.  There's also an Outback in HH, with more fish type selections than the usual.  We haven't had much luck with non-chain places there, but maybe others can help you with that.  Please post a summary.  There's also a nice Wendy's for a quick fast-food meal.   Where are you staying?  The hotel where you are a guest may make special meals for you, if you call them in advance and talk to the chef in the kitchen about it.  Also call ahead to the catering people for the wedding and set up what you are going to be able to have at the wedding.  Don't wait until you are there on the premises for the wedding, it will be too crazy by then to get special attention.  Good luck!

(I haven't contacted our hotel yet, but will be doing so in the next few days. Again, good advice that I hadn't thought of!)

So I think I should be OK with the wedding itself now that I've had a chance to talk to the caterer. I will also still contact our hotel. Its good to know a few decent go-to places like Bonefish and Outback are in the area if necessary too!

Thanks so much everyone,

Lucy