From:
Sharon Marcus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 10:35:20 +0200

It's been a while since I wrote a big thank you to you all. Every time
I write, I get really encouraging responses, even when it's a recipe
I've submitted. This time I asked a question about a dinner guest who
is a diabetic and how to set a menu so that I don't have to cook 2
different dinners: one diabetic and one GF. I received perhaps a dozen

I ended up serving baked chicken with squash and carrots, seasoned with
pepper, oregano and marjoram. I cooked it all in a plastic oven-proof
cooking bag. No onions, garlic or salt. When it was cooked, I took the
juices and added a bit of cornflour (cornstarch) and boiled it in a
saucepan until it got thick.
We had corn on the cob and a green salad.

As for dessert,I asked him what he preferred. He brought tahini-stuffed
dates. I had made a fruit salad.

With this kind of meal, which at least 2 of you suggested almost
verbatim, each person can add his/her own salt and marg.

Anyway, thanks again. I feel less intimidated now than before about
hosting someone with other/additional dietary restrictions.

Sharon Marcus
Israel