From:
Mary Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 1995 02:40:44 -0700

>Can anyone tell me if Hormel Wranglers are gluten free?  We are having a
>weinie roast and I am trying to find a hot dog that is truly gluten free.

Coleman Natural Meats makes beef franks that Whole Foods Market in Dallas
verified for me (last year) as gluten free. They contain: beef, water, salt,
flavorings, honey, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder. I like them because
they are nitrate and nitrite free. To insure for yourself that the
<flavorings> are still gf, contact Coleman Natural Meats, Inc. in Denver
Colorado. (1-303-297-9393) They'll also be able to tell you which health
food supermarket near you carries their dogs. They come in regular and plump
sizes and taste great. I cook them long enough to get a lot of the (hard to
digest) fat out (there's 20g per plump dog). Keep them in the freezer until
ready for use (since they are preservative free). If you're trying to buy a
lot on a budget, call the store to find out the price (or negotiate a bulk
price) before driving a long way to get them. (There are few bargains at
health food stores.) Happy roasting!
Mary Courtney
Los Angeles, California