From:
MaryJo Wereschagin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 23:18:40 -0500

I have a question and was wondering how others might handle this.

My daughters school has decidde that their class will have a cookie
exchange to celebrate the holiday season. Each child will bring in 55
cookies.. Sounds nice. Except.. My daughter is a celiac and can not partake
of these cookies..

My daughter said  she will bring in cookies but will not take any..
Oh WHAT FUN!!!!Yes she felt bad and so do I.. I have asked the teachers why
this is being done, but I assume it is the class mother coordinating this
function.

What I am asking of all of you is your suggestions on making the school
more aware of how this hurts my daughter... As my husband sayes would
they have a relay race if one of their students was in a wheel chair...
I said yes they probably would pretty sad huh..

Well enough for now I thank you all ....

MaryJo (NJ,USA))