From:
Linda King <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:10:07 -0700

Thank you for all the great responses to your favorite gf vegetarian resources.  Here is my summary...

________________________________

Just a great product - Sunshine Burgers. I buy them at Whole Foods.

An excellent cookbook is "The Gluten-Free Vegetarian Kitchen" by Donna Klein.  It's got a lot of good, easy recipes!

We're vegetarian celiacs and we have a lot of good recipes!  A great resource on the net is vegiac.com. I have found that a lot of the recipes in the Moosewood cookbooks can be made gluten free. I also use a lot of recipes from a book called Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker.  Again, some of the recipes contain gluten, but I've been able to adapt most of them by substituting gluten-free flour when needed.
GlutenFreeGrains.com is a website that I author on cooking whole grains -
quinoa, amaranth, millet, teff - and most recipes are vegan or easily made
vegan. Please check is out!
There is a gluten free vegan group that I joined.  I do not eat vegan, but
some people in my email support group eat dairy free and gluten free, so the
recipes help them out.  You can always add meat to them.

The link to their recipes is:

There is also another group that I have not tried:
http://yahoogroups.com/group/Christian-Vegan-Cooking

Here's a British site I've used on occasion
<http://www.vegsoc.org/info/gluten.html>. Some of their info
regarding what's gf is a bit outdated, but you can certainly combine
what they've got with info from the US celiac association sites
(especially CDF and GIG) to put together good info. One of the recent
issues of Gluten-free Living also covered being gf & vegetarian.

I occasionally check out www.recipezaar.com and search for gluten free and re-sort it to search for the vegetarian recipes.
I highly recommend the Gluten-Free Vegetarian Kitchen cookbook by Donna Klein. I have made many of her recipes over the past year and a half and loved them all. I also bought The Gluten-Free Vegan by Susan O'Brien. The recipes sound good, but I haven't made any of them yet.

Try the Moosewood Cookbooks, theres quite a number of them and while they aren't specifically g-f, some recipes are, or others can be adapted.
1. The Gluten-Free Vegan by Susan O'Brien
2. Pure and Simple by Tami A. Benton
Pure and Simple's subtitle is Delicious Whole Natural Foods Cookbook
Vegan, MSG Free and Gluten Free

There is also a book call Flavors of India by Shanta Rimbark Sacaroff, that is Vegetarian Indian Cuisine. You can just skip the recipes that have milk or cream or yogurt or cheeses, or substitute soy milk or rice milk in some of them. You will need the spices the recipes call for, though.

There is a Vegan treats book called Simple Treats by Ellen Abraham, but it calls for barley flour for the baked goods. You can substitute gluten-free Sorghum Flour (did I spell that right?) for barley flour.

I have a large vegetarian section on my GF cooking blog- lots of vegan baking recipes, too. And the best cheesy uncheese sauce/vegan mac and cheese. ;)

Stop by and say HI!
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com
THere is a great blog website called Karina's Kitchen.

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/

Here's a blog by someone that is both gluten free and vegetarian:

http://iamglutenfree.blogspot.com/
http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/

is my favorite.  always vegan, generally gluten free.  Only not gf
once in a blue moon

*******
*******