Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 02:24:23 +0000

Hello,
I stopped going to my wonderful dentist 18 months ago due to antibiotic prophylaxis for mitral valve prolapse has been causing my celiac problems to escalate.  The one dose of  2000mg of Amoxicillin one hour prior to dental work began going right thru in about 45 minutes, followed by increased diarrhea and stomach problems, disbiosis, overgrowth of candida in the GI system followed by overgrowth of bad bacteria and NO good bacteria.  All this has taken almost two years to resolve with diet, 30 billion of probiotics daily,  4 nystatin tabs daily.  I saw the cardiologist for follow up a year ago and he states I need the antibiotics to go to the dentist, so my choice is not to go as my dentist will not do the needed work without the antibiotic prophylaxis.  Without the antibiotics the complication could be pericarditis which can be life threatening.
Anyone have any ideas for dental cleaning and crown that needs to be done?
Thanks,
Robin in Massachusetts