From:
"Joan K. Van Loozenoord" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 10:02:02 MDT

I was very disappointed this weekend when I went to a large Denver area
supermarket to buy ricotta.  I looked at 4 or 5 different brands and
found that every one of them now contains vinegar.  I ended up
substituting cottage cheese for the ricotta, but the taste just isn't
the same.

Does anyone know of any brand of ricotta that does not contain vinegar
(or states that the vinegar is something other than distilled)?  I am
curious why manufacturers have started adding vinegar.  This wasn't the
case a year ago.

I would appreciate any information.

Joan Van Loozenoord