Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:54:46 -0400

Thank you to all that responded from my orignal posting.  I do apologize
for the delay in summary, but I wanted to make sure it was here!  For
those that asked, we are currently in NJ...even if we don't end up moving,
I know we will visit a lot!  This definitely helps us.  :)

GF menus:
Bonefish Grill (southside)
Carrabas (south side)
Chili's (person had never been to Short Pump location)
Flemings Steakhouse (Stoney Point Fashion Park-fun shopping, also!.  They
have a one page addition to the menu with gf notes about what we can and
cannot have.  They have an awesome wine selection too.)
Outback (Broad Street)
PF Changs (Stony Point Fashion Park.  Crowded on weekends. Has a gf menu.
Good food!)
Red Robin has gf items (Short Pump Mall--but haven't eaten there)
Tara Thai (Short Pump Mall--upstairs)
Thai Diner Too (Cary Street)

Other restaurants:

House of Viet Nam (Short Pump Crossing)
While I usually get the chicken or shrimp curry made which doesn't contain
any soy sauce, they have made other dishes and left the soy sauce.  I've
been going there for years and have never had a problem since I knew not
to eat the wheat noodles and soy sauce.

The Curry House in Innsbrook is great if you like Indian food.  In fact
most Indian restaurants offer good selections because they rarely use
wheat flour with the exception of the breads and some battered dishes.
When I showed my Triumph Indian dining card, it reduced my choices from
what I had previously assumed were safe - I suppose that's a good thing
but I was not to

Buffalo Wild Wings and Wings To Go:  The mild, medium and hot are all safe
toppings for your wings.

The Tobacco Factory downtown will work with you, but try to go at off
times.

Acacia in Carytown.  They do not have a special gf menu, but I have never
had a problem there.  A few years ago, one of the servers told me that
they have some regulars with celiac.

Chipolte's in the Short Pump Mall parking lot
Nordstrom Cafe (Short Pump Mall)
Cheesecake Factory (Short Pump Mall)
Thunderbird (Short Pump Mall)
Maggiano's (Short Pump Mall---is iffy - have eaten there successfully
within the last 6 months.)

Five Guys--Our new favorite place to eat.  Their french fries are gf -
they are the only thing they fry there, so no chance of contamination with
breaded products. The burgers are 100% beef - just ask for no bun.  It's
in the shopping center at the southeast corner of Cox and Broad (same
shopping center as HagenDaz).

Casa Grande (a local Mexican chain)- there is one in Short Pump (Pump
Road) near the Ukrop's. Tacos and chips are gf - just ask for no cheese to
make it cf too.

At Innsbrook, there is Mexico restaurant.  I eat successfully there,
ordering fajitas with corn tortillas or tacos.

Most of the Mexican places seem to be ok, substituting corn tortillas
though I've heard that it's quite common for them to use soy sauce in
their marinades too.

Grocery/Health Food Stores:
There's an Indian Grocery store on Broad Street between Gaskins and
Innsbrook.  The staff/owners are knowledgeable about g.f foods and pointed
out several heat and eat dishes that were actually marked g.f.  They also
have very reasonably priced rice flour.

Tan A - is an Asian grocery that is a good source for tapioca or rice
flour, rice & fun veggies. It's at the corner of Horsepen and W. Broad St.

Good Foods Grocery at Gayton Crossing Shopping Center (corner of Gayton &amp;
Gaskins in the west end)  has a terrific selection of food.  They work
very closely with our support group (TWEGIG) and are constantly bringing
in new products. Good Foods has the best selection of GF, including the
full line of Kinnikinnick and Tinkyada. A woman at the Good Foods in Stony
Point has helped a listserve member get whatever she needs.  Another
member mentioned that the larger store is in the Stony Point Shopping
Center.

Most of the Kroger and Ukrop's Supermarkets in the West End stock a decent
selection of products too.  Ukrops has a decent variety of gluten free
foods and a good listing on their web site.  They have a great salad bar
with some gf soups and they label items gf. The rotisserie chicken is GF
as well.  Some Ukrop's have more gf stuff than others.  The one I shop at
(called Cross Ridge) on Staples Mill Rd is a smaller store but has more gf
food than other stores.

Ellwood Thompson's Natural Market in the Fan district, just of Cary Street
(Carytown?) sells cake by the slice - marked wheat free but I'm pretty
sure it's gluten free, just not made in a totally g.f. environment.
Elwood Thompson's is at the corner of...Elwood & Thompson.  This is right
off of I-195 (Cary St exit) so it is easy to get to.

Support Group info:
TWEGIG meetings, usually on the first Thursday of the month but we skip
July http://www.gigofrichmond.org/

Thank you!

Angela