Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 09:07:44 -0500

In a message dated 97-01-08 01:46:38 EST, Victor J. Samuel Jr. wrote:

<< Chickpea flour is also available through The King Arthur Flour Baker's
 Catalogue in Norwich, VT. It is not inexpensive!  8 oz. (1/2 lb.) for
 $3.50 plus shipping. You can call 1-800-827-6836 to order or request a
 catalogue. They also carry other gluten-free flours.

When I tried to go gluten-free, I quickly realized that purchasing my
products retail was way too expensive.  It takes more money up front, but the
savings are great.

I purchased a Grain Master Whisper Mil-Electric grinder from WALTON FEED for
$250.  I use it only for gluten free products, so I never have to worry about
cross-contamination.  I pour the beans or grains in the top and it comes out
a beautiful flour in the canister, ready to use. Chick Peas (garbanzos) from
them are $67.50 in a hundred pound bag, $17.50 in a 25 pound bag, and $ 8.95
for an 80 oz. #10 can.
These prices listed above do NOT include shipping costs, which will vary
depending on where you live.

I can order larger quantities of dried beans, than of flour, because as long
as they are in bean form, they keep well. With your own grinder, you can
grind it as you want to use, or grind a few pounds at a time, keeping the
rest easily in canisters.

Anybody who purchases a lot of the specialty flours might want to check them
out.  I have no business interests with the company, but I am a very
satisfied customer. Walton Feed, 135 North 10th P.O. Box 307, Montpelier, ID
83254  FAX 208-847-0465  VOICE 800-269-8563.  You can find their whole
catalog on the internet at: http://www.lis.ab.ca/walton/

Hope this makes life easier and less expensive for others - it sure has for
me!

Dorothy A. DeBisschop
Oxford, CT, USA