From:
Musicmap <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:17:14 -0700

Hi all!

I'm pursuing a Ph.D. in composition and rhetoric at Washington State
University.  I would like your stories about having or being diagnosed with
Celiac's, how it has changed your lives, specific stories like my
ex-boyfriend that never invited me to his family's gatherings because he
didn't want them to have to change what and how they cooked, having to deal
with the people that insist on making fun of us, etc.  I'll be compiling all
the stories and seeking a publisher -- which won't be difficult because Dr.
von Wettstein at WSU just received at 4 year, $800,000 grant from the NIH to
develop a gluten-free variety of wheat.

I am a published author and believe that the more people that hear our
stories, the more they will empathize with us and also consider getting
tested.  You can send your stories in an email, or as a Word or PDF
attachment.  Don't worry about grammar, punctuation, etc. -- I teach
English, so I'll take care of all that "messy" stuff:)

Thanks!

Pamela Chisum

"Literacy is culturally determined."  -- Cynthia Selfe

*******
*******