From:
Wendy Percival <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:34:59 EST

Dear List,

As I mentioned in previous posts, I have been working with our new local Wild
Oats store to carry more GF items.  We are still planning our "celiac disease
awareness day."  More on that later as we get firm plans.

I attended the store's weekly manager's meeting, and was the guest speaker.
All the different department managers were there.  I brought some food
samples, some products they carry, some products they don't (but should).  I
spoke for nearly 30 minutes about celiac disease and what it means to live on
a gluten-free diet.  They asked many good intelligent questions, and seemed
genuinely interested in my input.  Apparently they have had lots of requests
for GF stuff, but no one knew anything about it, or even where to look for
information.  I have given them ideas for other products, and suggestions for
what they can offer in their "deli" area.

It was a wonderful experience: to have someone listen, and wonder how they
can help.  I can really see us working as a team.  The celiac community can
help them offer the food/service that we need, and build their business at
the same time.

I will keep you all posted on our "awareness day."  Thanks for listening.

Wendy
Chatham, NJ