From:
Steve Savitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:30:58 -0500

Hi all,

I purchased a whole food nutritional supplement (Perfect Food) which is chock
full of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, etc - equivalent to drinking many
glasses of organic green juices. They state 100% gluten free in the
literature. However it contains concentrates of cereal grass juices (kamut,
barley, oat, rye, whole wheat).

They make this claim by stating that a) there is no gluten in cereal grasses,
and (b) "Through the proprietry and exclusive Poten-zyme process that is used
as the fermenting agent in our products, the grains have been exposed to pre-
digestion through beneficial bacteria to neutralize any and all allergens
inherent in the food".

I called a company rep and they assured me this process eliminates any
residual gluten. It has been useful in treating people with Crohn's disease.
Has anyone out there had any luck with these superfood supplemnts?

Steve - NYC