From:
- Eleis Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 20:17:58 EDT

Thanks so much for the overwhelming amount of replies!!  Everyone pretty much
said that malt is not good because it is derived from barley (although some
went into much more detail than others)

The majority of people said that Kellog's Corn Pops were the only "regular"
cereal that is okay.  Some people said that Fruity Pebbles, Malt-O-Meal (Puffed
Rice, Cocoa Dyno-Bites, Fruity Dino-Bites and Corn Bursts) Pebbles Cocoa
Krispies, Sugar Pops, Finast (from Giant Markets-"from those generic ones on the
bottom shelf"), Cap'n Crunch (contains oats)

However some people were concerned with cross-contamination and won't eat
Corn Pops.

Suggestions of stores (health food and regular) that have GF cereals
included:
Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Wild Oats, Kings, Kroger, Ralph's, Mother's
Markets, The Vitamin Cottage (there's one in Denver-not sure if it's a chain)

Suggestions of online stores include:
The Gluten-Free Pantry (where I shop), The Gluten-Free Trading Company,
Kinninnick, Nature's Path/Envirokids,

Suggestions of good GF cereals/brand included:
Arrowhead Buckwheat Flakes
Nature's Path EnviroKids:
-Amazon Flakes (by Nature's Path/Envirokids)- I have tried these-they taste
like a                            combination of corn flakes and frosted
flakes-they aren't bad
                                 Someone said you can get these at Kings
which I did not                               know, so for those of you who
usually order it online it is                               good to know.
-Honey'd Corn Flakes
-Gorilla Munch
-Mesa Sunrise
-Panda Puffs
Health Valley:
-Corn Crunch-ems
-Rice Crunch-ems
Erewhorn:
-Corn Flakes
-Rice Twice
-Crispy Brown Rice
Gift's of Nature:
-Barbara's Bakery Corn Flakes
-Barbara's Bakery Brown Rice Crisps
Lundberg's (brand)
New Morning:
-Cocoa Crispy Rice
-Corn Flakes
-Honey Frosted Flakes
Trader Joe's:
-Puffs n Honey Cereal
-Mega Sunrise Cereal
Ener-G foods:
-Crisp Rice Cold Cereal
-Ener-G Granola
-Rice Nuts Cold Cereal

Someone also suggested Heaven Scent's Rice Krispy Treats

Hope this helps everyone!!!

~Eleis in NY