From:
Trevor Harley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:42:07 +0000

I have a question that I haven't seen addressed either in the archives or in
a couple of months of subscribing to this group.

How much gluten is bad for you? People seem worried about the smallest
amounts (e.g. licking stamps). This is understandable, but on the other hand
I've read that you shouldn't go on a gluten-free diet before your official
diagnosis because once you stop wheat it can take some time for new damage
to occur on re-exposure. So that suggests the occasional small amount is
unlikely to do any harm. At first sight, these two things seem
contradictory. s

If there are enough replies to me, I will post a summary.

Best wishes
Trevor Harley

--
Dr Trevor A Harley