From:
Cindy Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 22:52:34 -0600

Hi all, to respond to the lemon zest question, that's just the lemon peel
grated finely.  At least that's what I've always used.  If I'm wrong,
please someone, let me know!

I started out on my gluten free quest by eating only fruits and vegetables
for a week then adding on one grain at a time and keeping a diary of the
effects each grain had on my system.  The ones that had a "bad effect" I
cut out.  That was 8 years ago.  So my experience is much different than
many on the list.  I was so surprised to find this incredible list and so
many people with similar diet dilemmas and thrilled to find new recipes
that work so great.  My children all prefer the cakes and cookies I make to
anything I buy at the store, luckily we have a chinese food market that
supplies rice flours and tapioca and potatoe starch flours.  Weight gain
has been a problem for me however and I'm toting enough extra weight to
make me uncomfortable.  I think the rice and tapioca flours are more
calorie rich than wheat, hence the smaller portion sizes thanks to the lady
who wrote about her experience with the dietitian.  I have felt so deprived
for the last 8 years that when I found all the great recipes I went hog
wild, now I have to cut back on cakes and cookies and concentrate on fruits
and veggies and fish and chicken.  Vegatables always clear my head and make
me feel so good.

Now for my questions.  Anyone on the list familiar with super blue-green
algea?  A friend of mine in Austin uses it and she is so healthy, and
athletic, and youthful.  On a different note, I've been reading in
alternative medicine journals about how people with O-type blood need less
carbohydrates than those with A or B type.  Sounded a little hokey but I'm
curious if anyone has heard of this and can explain this curiosity more.

My personal experience has been that I get slim and slinky on fruits and
vegetables, with low  intake of grain or potato carbohydrates and gain
weight magnificently  with rice, potatoes, and baked good using the gf
flours.  So for those moms looking to put weight on their children I
suggest all those yummy cakes and cookies and pancakes with melting butter
and syrup all over them as often as those little guys will eat them.

Sorry it's so long, thanks for your time, and springs coming, the redbuds
are out and the oaks are budding here in Texas.

Cindy