From:
Paul Mullen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:42:03 -0600

Diclofenac may be gluten free BUT from my own experience I would not
recommend it for anyone, especially anyone with CD/DH. I took it for several
years for arthritis, which it helped. Occasionally, however, I would notice
what looked like white tissue paper in my stool. To make a long story short,
it was the lining of my intestines which were being peeled off by the
Diclofenac. Since I stopped using it two years ago I have never had a repeat
of this symptom. Incidentally the arthritis cleared up about 90% when I went
off milk and refined flour. The damage to my intestines has left me with
leaky gut syndrome and a host of associated allergies including gluten
intolerance. If you feel you have no choice but to use it check your stool
every time and, according to my present doctor, this would apply to all
NSAIDS.

Paul Mullen