Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 09:50:24 -0500

Dear Listmates -
After I posted the McDonald's GF list, I received a number
of comments from listmates:
-Three listmates noted that he GF McNugget sauces can be used on
 french fries, for variety
-One listmate uses the GF McNugget sauces on the GF chicken nuggets
she gives her child
-One listmate says that Newman's Own says the salad dressings are not GF.
I emailed the company today. I will post the answer as soon as it gets here.
-One listmate says the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad has the same chicken
breast
as the Grilled Chicken Breast and is OK with Newman's Dressing.  She has
had
no gluten reactions to that.
-One listmate says there is a restaurant chain called In/Out Burgers, in
Southern
California (I am near Chicago) that has a gluten-free protein burger.
 Wish we
had that here.
-One listmate says that a person who worked at a McDonald's posted that the
oil is all strained together - from breaded and GF products - then
re-used. Check
with your McDonald's.  My understanding was that most have dedicated fryers
for the GF stuff and dedicated oil - but ask.
-Three listmates pointed out that you can access GF food information for
McDonald's
products at
<http://www.mcdonalds.com/countries/usa/food/nutrition/categories/gluten/index.html>

Have a great day, everyone!