From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2010 22:30:06 -0400

Help me out here folks, please. My blood sugar was a bit elevated and my weight gain is bothersome, to say the least. So I'm trying to go low glycemic, low carb, low sugar....and of course, gluten-free.

But I'm absolutely starving. What do you use for snacks. I'm a big fruit eater, but fruits are high in sugar, so I'm cutting back for a couple of weeks (per South Beach, although I'm not following that completely). I also typically would have snacked on yogurt. But the fruity yogurt is also too sugary and I hate the plain stuff.

I'm not a big snack eater, and I exercise a lot. But what do you suggest for snacks, if I have to pass on fruits? Three days on celery and lettuce, and I'm going nuts. When I work out, I get even hungrier. If I pig out on cheese, I'll push my cholesterol up.

Anyone out there who is dealing with this? What do you eat? Meals aren't the problem. It's the healthy snacks during the day.

Lin