From:
Bill Kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 19:39:45 -0700

HMCnOKC wrote:
> "Hate to break your last bubble but you should be aware that almost all Vodkas
> now are made of grain spirits.  Personally, I would not risk them.
>
> There is one kind that is 100% potato.  It's expensive but look for it."

   I found it necessary to post regarding these statements.  First it is
true that many vodkas are made from grain, but there are SEVERAL brands
of vodka that are safe for us to drink . . .  I have made a list of
these brands, which, among other alcohols, are available at
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/Vineyard/1256/

   Also potatos and grain are not the only things that vodka can be made
from.  Black Death is made from beets.  Also not all non-grain vodkas
are exspensive.  There are several on my list reported to be from $6.00
(USD) to the exspensive $30.00 (USD).

Bill Kane
Normal, Il