From:
Nancy McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:58:07 +0000

Thanks everyone!  I had l5 responses, all agreed that the symptoms are most
likely acid reflux, although some felt that the reflux is an allergic
response, and I am inclined to agree, especially since it began with the
Hcl.  One poster had checked with the co. that manufactures Nexium, and it
contains gluten, so I am relieved that I have stopped taking it.  My
symptoms seem to be abating, and I received some information about "the
sensible diet" which I will check into, and also information that the
substances that are best avoided include alcohol, decaf, and chocolate,
which are also aspergillus triggers, and the first two are ones that I have
allowed myself occasionally, so will no longer do THAT.  I do so want to try
to beat this without being dependent on medication. I now think that the
itching is aspergillus related, and perhaps that also aggravates the reflux.
  Thanks again to all who responded.  I appreciate the help from this list
so much.  Nancy in So. Oregon