From:
Leslie Granson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 21:04:00 -0500

Dear List Members:

First, a tremendous THANK YOU to everyone who took the time and energy to
respond to my request for help about my daughter's condition; I received over
40 replies of assistance and my husband and I are really grateful. The people
on this list are so incredibly thoughtful and helpful; we were very moved by
the out-pouring of information and encouragement. There are so many pieces of
good and varying advice that it is going to take me a while to summarize it
all.

I had made a plea for direction with my 22 y.o. daughter who has been GF for
about two months, and also has not eaten eggs or any form or dairy either
since she was tested intolerant of these products. Her health has been
declining instead of improving and we were getting frantic trying to figure
out how to help her; she complained of a constant headache and severe
fatigue.

A brief summary:
*About half of you who responded thought she should have a complete physical
and that her situation may have nothing to do with CD

*At least l5 people thought she should take more supplements, especially B
vitamins

*Approx. l0 respondents thought she had a viral or mycotoxin process going on

After thinking about this more clearly, I made an appointment for Laura (my
daughter) with a highly-reputed internist who specializes in endocrinology;
he is my parents' doctor and has saved my father not once but twice from
cancer over a 12 year period.  He is one of the best mainstream
diagnosticians in this part of the country so we're going to start there and
see if we've missed anything.

I also talked again to our naturopath who thought it was a hidden virus or
bacteria which he will test Laura for; meanwhile he put her back on adrenal
support (Echo Adrenal, and Dandiplex); a GF sublingual B Complex; a
hypoallergenic buffered C complex; and I found out from another listmember
about something called Mucosagen, which is a capsule full of herbs and
minerals which coats the stomach lining and reduces food reactions (she says
this has helped her more than anything).

My daughter is moving into her own apartment tomorrow; she has had a roomate
who smokes, much to my distress; she and I believe that the second-hand smoke
has contributed to her headaches. She also has a whiplash injury which has
flared up and adds to the head pain; she has gone back to her neuro-muscular
message guy and this seems to have helped too. Overall, she has improved
somewhat since last week.

Thanks again to everyone who gave so generously of their time and expertise
and a heartfelt thanks to the list owners who make all this possible.

Best wishes ..........Leslie (in Atlanta)