From:
F Winslow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
F Winslow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 06:22:31 -0800

     I've seen some mention of CD testing by Enterolab
and felt it was important to put in in context.

     It is unfortunate that our disease (celiac) is so
badly handled by the medical community that it drives
many to alternative routes for diagnosis and
treatment.
It is in situations like these where I apply my own
version of the old 'Love it or leave it' motto: I say
"Love it or fight to make it better!"

     To date the Enterolab protocols have never been
submitted for peer review, have not been independently
verified and there is a great deal of controversy
surrounding them.

     I do not intend to tell others what to do! But I
would recommend that anyone inclined to try Enterolab
should do themselves the favor of backing up any
result - negative or positive - with a standard celiac
panel ( blood work ). Then they may also want to take
the next step and benefit the entire celiac community
by posting both results - Enterolab and blood work.
Lacking the formal, established, peer-review studies
to prove the efficacy of these tests, this is the only
way the community can develop an empirical basis for
commenting on Enterolab - pro or con.

     I hope my remarks are accepted in the spirit they
are offered.

Regards ...