Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 11:59:11 -0400

I've been out of town but just got back to see this email

>>Well, I struck out with Dannon.  Eileen Troise, the Consumer Affairs
>>Manager (914-366-9700) sent me a letter regarding their modified corn
>>starch.  As you may recall, an employee on their customer help line told
>>me that the starch was modified using vinegar. I asked about finding out
>>if the vinegar was gluten free.  Here is her response:

"and so on"

I just wanted to let others know that I was diagnosed three and a half years
ago by the Mayo Clinic.  When I was first diagnosed, I was also lactose
intolerant.  About a half a year ago I tried yogurt and other dairy products,
no trouble this time.  I eat one of the small cartons of Dannon yogurt each
day (just the ones that Dannon said was safe).  Three weeks ago I went back
to the Mayo Clinic for my follow up and they told me that I was in TOTAL
remission.  The blood test was perfect and my intestinal biopsy was perfect.
The doctor said that if I had not come in previously ( which by the way the
blood test was EXTREMELY high and the biopsy showed really severe damage to
the intestine) that he would not be able to tell me that I have Celiac Sprue.
Considering I have eaten Dannon products every day for the past six to seven
months and I still tested perfect for not having sprue leads me to believe
that their products are safe (just the ones that they claim - not the ones
that are called something like cheese cake or have some kind of crumbs on
top).

                           Carolyn