From:
Susan Garramone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Garramone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:38:22 -0400

I received many, many responses to my post regarding the validity of the celiac tests offered by Dr. Fine's lab, Enterolab.  An overwhelming majority of responses were quite positive.  First it was pointed out that there would not be a lot of people on this site that tested negative for celiac.  However, I did receive a number of responses from individuals who, after testing positive themselves, had family members tested and the family member was found to be negative.

Addtionally, many people thank Dr. Fine for the good health they now enjoy.  After feeling horrible for years with no diagnosis and finally turning to the Enterolab tests, they had their diagnosis, went GF and feel great.

Others pointed out that Dr. Fine is an advisor to many Celiac groups and one person said her GI uses Enterolab tests exclusively.

I thank all of you who shared your stories and have passed on this info to my newly diagnosed Celiac family members.
At least now they feel more comfortable with their diagnosis and they realize,from watching my son and I, that the GF way of life isn't hard once you get used to it!

Take care,

Susan in MA