From:
Laura Ginsberg Saum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:45:48 EST

I just received my first round of blood test results since I was diagnosed
with CD almost 6 months ago.  The two main tests my doctor did were for
Gliadin antibodies and Endomysial antigens.  While my gliadin levels are
drastically reduced (only "weakly positive" now), my endomysial levels remain
significantly over the "normal" level (though, thankfully, lower than in my
original test).

Does anyone know the relative importance of these two tests?  I only ever
hear about gliadin antibodies being discussed and don't know much about
endomysial antigens.  Is there a reason that one would decrease so much and
the other not?

Thanks,
Laura
San Francisco, CA