From:
"Michael A. Lewis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 13:48:23 -0900

        Can't help you much with GIs in Texas, but I have had experience
with Coca Cola.
        I finally stopped drinking any form of Coke, reluctantly, with
great agony. I used to drink 2 to 3 Cokes a day and eliminated them as
part of my total dietary adjustmant. I understand from several sources,
that colas contain caramel coloring, which may or may not be GF. SIGH.
        I've taken to fruit "spritzers" which satisfy the carbonated
beverage desire and I've finally gotten away from my need for a caffeine
fix, a least more than my morning cup of tea.
        I can't tell yet if this had had any positive results, as I'm
still adjusting to the total diet change. But I always felt quilty about
supporting the Coca-Cola-ization of the world anyway.
        Mike Lewis
        Fairbanks, Alaska

        Yes, it's 45 below!