From:
Roy Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 15:00:33 +1000

The recent "symptoms without signs" postings in relation to DH were of
great interest to me. Lately I have had irritating, hot flushing sensations
of on my back, shoulders and neck (not areas where DH lesions usually
form)- greatly soothed by gentle massage- though because there are no
visible lesions my wife thinks it's hypochondria (or male menopause)! I
have been diagnosed with DH for more than 20 years, and have managed my
symptoms with a combination of low gluten diet and low doses of dapsone.
Strangely enough, these sensations have become only recently apparent and
seem to coincide with my changing to a much stricter GF diet (I still drink
a few beers, and use regular soy sauce etc, but no longer have the
occasional piece of wheaten cake or biscuit) and am currently lesion free
without the use of dapsone. It may well be unrealted to my sensitivity to
gluten but I thought I'd throw my observations in to the discussion!
Cheers
Roy
Roy A. Hall, PhD
Senior Research Officer