From:
Pamela L Donner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela L Donner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 07:36:21 -0600
<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

Hi again all,

I recieved one more apple crisp topping recipe from Valerie after I had
posted my summary and it looked like a good one, so I thought I would send
it out:
2/3 to 3/4 cup brown sugar (depending on how tart fruit is)
1/2 cup Gf flour (I use a half & half mixture of rice flour & corn starch
for all my GF baking)
1/2 cup ground pecans
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
4/3 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup butter, softened (no short cuts here, let the butter sit out until

soft.  I've tried nuking it & it ruins it.)

Also a note on oats:  I realize that some of the recipes in my summary
sent to me by other list members use oats.  Since using oats in a gluten
free diet is controversial (some react, some do not, sometimes perhaps
depending on the brand of oats), I will leave that decision up to each
individual to make.  I, myself, have not been brave enough to try them
since going gf about 10 months ago.
One listmate reminded me that many come to our listserve as newbies and
might not be aware of the oats issue.
These newcomers to the gf way of life might want to avoid oats or research
the issue themselves.

Happy Eating..... I mean Thanksgiving!
Pam