From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2008 07:47:01 -0800

Finally, here's the third summary. Thank you everybody for your help
and wisdom.

CleanseMore from Renew Life plus Flax Seed

Hot water with lemon

Alternate hot and cold packs on abdomen

Pears

Limit rice products

Psyllium

Regular exercise

lactulose for constipation. Its a simple sugar (not to be confused
with lactose) which encourages the growth of good bacteria in the
intestine, and can improve calcium absorption. Its prescription. Main
drawback is that it can cause gas. The liquid has no artificial
flavors or colors.

Knudson's Black Cherry Juice (unsweetened), kale

Konsyl at Walmart; Google Dr. Gott for constipation formula

Salba

grind a tablespoon of flax seeds (makes around 2 tablespoons flax
meal ) or just buy the meal, mix it in a little juice or water, stir
and drink quickly. do this twice a day.   will fix it in a heartbeat

Chia seeds:
"I take about a tablespoon just dry, right out of the bottle and
swallow them with a couple of big gulbs of water.  There is no taste
and they go down easily because they are so tiny.  You can also put
them in different foods like cookies, brownies, cake, bread,
meatloaf, oatmeal."

"I have found that magnesium 400mg X 2 a day is VERY helpful. Mine is
a mixture of magnesium oxide, citrate, and aspartate. It's from
  Now and is free of a lot of allergens. I also mix chia seeds
(order online much cheaper than healthfood stores) with water or
juice. It's loaded with calcium, omega 3's, etc. With this I am going
1-3 times a day - healthy not loose. Without every other day or so."

"Our celiac daughter has a lifelong problem with constipation.  The
things that have helped are --
split pea soup (but it is gassy)
soft fiber like butternut squash, zucchini, especially yams
pecans (I don't know if it is fiber or an allergy but seems to help)
a cup of hot tea or coffee when she gets up to stimulate the gut
hot water can help but the caffeine seems to work better
walking
500mg of magnesium supplement once or twice a day according
if all else fails -- Regulan, 1/2 tsp. 30 min. before meals; usually
one or two doses gets the plug out."